Panopto is coming soon to NC State University!
Panopto will replace Mediasite as NC State’s enterprise content capture tool in May 2021.
The leading video platform for higher education, Panopto provides essential features such as two-way communication, recording integration, adaptive streaming and more. The tool adheres to university accessibility standards, including automatic transcriptions and video captioning, variable speed playback and screen reader support.
Panopto also offers:
- Streamlined integration with Moodle and Zoom, including automated publishing to Moodle courses and sharing of permissions
- A feature-rich desktop recorder with a consistent interface across platforms.
- Robust editing capabilities.
- Enhanced engagement tools for students such as the ability to ask questions and take notes in the player.
- Powerful searching capabilities and mobile playback functionality.
- Fall 2020: Set-up and staff training. Recruitment for Early Access users
- Spring 2021: Desktop recording and classroom capture available to Early Access users
- Summer 2021: Complete launch of Panopto throughout NC State.
- Spring 2022: Mediasite retirement
Panopto Early Access Program
DELTA is recruiting faculty members for the Panopto Early Access Program. Early adopters will gain access to the platform in January 2021 to serve as preliminary test users. They will also work with DELTA staff to provide feedback and contribute to articles regarding Panopto. If you are interested in becoming an early access user, please complete the early access interest form. We will notify respondents whether or not they have been selected before the spring 2021 semester.
Panopto Help and Support
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions and receive additional information.
DELTA is in the process of training support staff and developing original support materials such as workshops and articles to respond to the needs of NC State faculty, staff and students. Meanwhile, Panopto provides high-quality customer service available 24/7.