Interested in changing up your course with easy-to-use tech?
Top Hat offers simple ways to tailor your teaching and increase student engagement — all using devices students already have.
Today’s students have personal devices with them at all times. Instructors may leverage the devices through an interactive platform called Top Hat to increase student engagement. There is no extra cost for students as Top Hat is an enterprise tool available in classrooms with Wi-Fi. Instructors may use Top Hat to pose questions, give quizzes, take attendance and much more. Performance data and grade books may be directly transferred into Moodle.
How can Top Hat help you reach your goals?
Are you looking for ways to reinforce learning through multimodal participation?
- Top Hat helps you to understand your students.
- Top Hat determines on the spot if students are grasping a concept.
- Top Hat creates an agile classroom environment.
Are you having trouble with low-participation?
- Top Hat encourages interaction.
- Top Hat keeps students on their toes with quick polling.
- Top Hat encourages an “inclusive classroom” where students can share with low stakes.
Do you wonder how to engage with individuals in a large lecture class?
- Top Hat is accessible on Wi-Fi enabled phones, tablets and computers, so all students can participate.
- Top Hat helps you easily assess large quantities of responses.
- Top Hat helps you give immediate feedback on students’ understanding.
“The opportunity to ask a free response type of question allowed me to poll the class to see if there were any questions about material and actually get questions back. Students are reluctant to raise their hands, but were very willing to post their questions electronically.”
Teaching Assistant Professor
Department of Physics
How can you get started?
Comfortable with technology? Get started now:
- Link your NC State credentials to Top Hat.
- Follow the Professor: Quick Start Guide to log in, create your course(s) and complete a content transfer.
Prefer remote guidance
at your own pace?
Prefer to learn directly
from Top Hat experts?
- Attend an in-person Top Hat workshop at DELTA.
- Request an instructional consultation with DELTA pros.
- Join a Top Hat-NC State onboarding session (select “Get Started at NC State”).