Trying to figure out how to create a secure website for your course?
WolfWare WordPress provides an optimized platform for building your class-specific website.
If you have a WolfWare course or project space, you can activate WordPress to create a website for your course that will be in a brand-compliant format offering secure access for you and your students. And, you will not be alone as you create this new website because DELTA offers special support to guide you along during the process.
WordPress is an open-source content authoring platform used by NC State for website generation and maintenance. To compare standard WordPress and WolfWare WordPress in-depth, visit our Get on the Web page.
“One grant team created the project’s website and learning resources as well as profiles for featured psychologists and learning resources. The site, called Psychologist Spotlights, marks the first DELTA development project using the Gutenberg editor in WordPress, in which each piece of content is a draggable and customizable block.
“Educational Technology Services Makes Updates in Fiscal Year 2019-2020”
Wondering what else WolfWare WordPress allows you to do?
WordPress is used by individuals, educational institutions and large corporations like CNN, Forbes and IBM. It is a very user-friendly content management system that allows you to provide your course content to your students in an efficient manner by providing customizable templates to upload your materials into.
WolfWare WordPress helps you serve your students by giving you the power to:
- Create a public “landing page” for easy access and recognition for anyone interested the course
- Deliver instructional content via a website
- Restrict access to enrolled students, designated users or the public
- Maintain a space to upload files that students can view, link or download
- Provide consistent and brand-compliant appearance for each course
“Critique is the most common presentation genre in the discipline of design and it is an important pedagogical tool in design courses. Creating an interactive website (a course hub/ students’ blogs) through WordPress provides a way for design students to upload their visual work, give and receive written feedback and cultivate a sense of social belonging throughout the semester.”
Assistant Professor, Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management
Concerned about whether your new WolfWare WordPress website will be open to the public?
WolfWare WordPress is a secure site within the Wolfpack community that provides interactions with only individuals that you invite to join.
Only instructors and administrators can build and manage WolfWare WordPress sites. However, viewing permissions may be set to include all NC State credential holders, only students who belong to your course or the public.
Ready to Get Started?
Are you already familiar with WolfWare WordPress?
- If you have a WolfWare course or project space, you can activate WordPress to create a website for your course. WolfWare WordPress is designed to provide secure access for instructors and students, as well as a consistent and brand-compliant appearance for each course.
- Explore our Get on the Web page.
Would You Like Some Guidance?
- Visit the WolfWare WordPress Essentials website to get started.
- Read the DELTA Knowledge Base article Overview of WolfWare WordPress.
Do You Want to Learn From the Experts Live?
- Attend a DELTA workshop on Creating Class Websites with WolfWare WordPress.
- Request an instructional consultation with DELTA pros.
- Attend a free WordPress webinar.
NC State Resources:
- DELTA WolfWare WordPress Overview
- DELTA Workshops
- Instructional Consultations
- LearnTech Help Desk
- WolfWare WordPress Essentials