DELTA Workshops focus on providing instructors with the tools, skills and knowledge to effectively use NC State learning technologies to impact student success.
All DELTA Workshops are free and open to faculty, staff and graduate teaching assistants.
Spring Workshop Topics
- Intro, advanced and best practice-based workshops on NC State learning technologies:
- WolfWare, Moodle, Zoom, Top Hat, WolfWare WordPress, My Mediasite, Turnitin, and more.
- Teaching with technology strategies and tips:
- Creating engaging instructional videos
- Promoting meaningful learning with student engagement
- Group work and collaborative online tools
- Creating dynamic discussions forums
- Using H5P to create interactive content in Moodle
- Creating and using rubrics for online grading
- Blended learning
- Optimizing Gmail and Google Drive
- Specialty workshops facilitated by DELTA Faculty Fellows
- Drop-in open labs with one-on-one assistance from DELTA instructional technologists.
Coming in spring 2020, workshop formats will consist of in-person courses and online webinars with differing times to accommodate teaching duties and other responsibilities.
During the month of March, we’ll be offering 30-minute, online workshops so you can take refresher courses during advising without having to leave your office.
Asynchronous Workshop Opportunities
Asynchronous, self-paced trainings:
Asynchronous, facilitated trainings:
- Identifying Learning Objectives for Your Course
- Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR)
- Best Practices for Teaching Online (Pilot)
Wednesday Webinars: Discussions on Teaching with Technology
- Starting in April, this popular six-week teaching with technology discussion series will be back! Led by NC State faculty, the discussions will be informal and meant to spur idea sharing among peers. The Wednesday Webinars will be held from 12-1 p.m. online in Zoom. The full schedule is coming soon!
Why Should You Attend a DELTA Workshop?
- All of our workshops are free and open to faculty, staff and graduate teaching assistants. Don’t miss a free opportunity to receive professional development.
- Teaching with unfamiliar technology can be scary at first. Come let us help you navigate the unknown and get started using technology in your courses.
- Even if you consider yourself an expert with using technology in your classroom, we’re always refreshing our workshops to include more advanced topics as well as tips and tricks you may not have thought of before.
- We offer online workshops so you can squeeze in a session without leaving your office!
If you have questions or need assistance registering, please contact LearnTech@ncsu.edu or call 919.513.7094.