Resolve to Learn New Teaching with Technology Skills in 2019
Are you new to WolfWare technologies and online teaching or maybe need a refresher? Or are you an experienced Moodle user looking to strengthen your skills or learn new features? We have a workshop for you! DELTA workshops are free and open to faculty, staff and graduate students.
Examples of workshop topics this spring:
- Academic technologies
- WolfWare, Moodle, Top Hat, My Mediasite, WolfWare WordPress, Zoom
- Gmail and Google Drive
- Best practices for a variety of teaching with technology tools/strategies
- Specialty workshops led by DELTA Faculty Fellows
- Open labs featuring one-on-one assistance
Join us for a workshop led by experienced instructional technologists to learn more about specific tools and technologies as well as how to best use them in your course. We have in-person and online workshops to fit your schedule.
Wednesday Webinar Series: Teaching with Technology
Our Wednesday Webinar series is focused on exploring ideas that matter to you. Each week addresses a new teaching with technology topic from improving student engagement to navigating online teaching. Facilitated by NC State faculty, the webinars are designed to spur conversation and idea sharing among peers.
Current list of topics:
- Engaging Students in Large Enrollment Courses
- Making Teams Work at a Distance
- How to Authentically Connect to Online Students
- Using Twitter to Support Your Teaching and Your Career
- Maintaining your Sanity When Teaching Online: Lessons Learned
The webinars are delivered in Zoom and begin March 20. They repeat, with a new topic and faculty lead, each Wednesday from 12-1 p.m. ending April 24.
Online, 30-Minute Workshops
From March 18-April 5, when most faculty and instructors are booked with advising appointments, DELTA is offering quick 30-minute online workshops to give you the information you need in a convenient way.
All online and 30 minutes max, these workshops are an opportunity to refresh your skills and leave time for your teaching duties.
Featured quick workshops:
- What Can Google Do for You?
- Activate Student Engagement: How to Promote Meaningful Learning
- Moodle H5P: Quick Tour
- Going Paperless with an Online Gradebook and Digital Grading
- Top Hat: New and Improved Features
March 26, 1:30-2 p.m.
April 4, 10-10:30 a.m.
March 27, 10-10:30 a.m.
April 2, 1:30-2 p.m.
March 19, 1:30-2 p.m.
March 29, 10-10:30 p.m.
March 21, 10-10:30 a.m.
April 1, 10-10:30 a.m.
March 22, 10-10:30 a.m.
March 28, 1:30-2 p.m.