This Exploratory Grant project is a great example of the benefits and success of collaboration: bringing together diverse skill sets to develop an effective learning experience for students.
- Logistically, it was difficult to have students visit a construction site in person due to timing and safety issues.
- Faculty wanted to share the created resources with other departments, faculty and universities.
- Students needed to grasp the processes and transformation of construction sites to understand the experience from beginning to end.
- Create an interactive, simulated environment with VR to imitate a construction experience.
- Create a website that’s adaptable to grow in the future and add more virtual field trips.
- Film instructional videos with before-and-after construction views.
- Offer 2D, 3D and real-life examples of construction drawings and processes.
- Help students understand various landscape architectural concepts, such as the application and use of sustainable materials, green infrastructure techniques and connections between abstract design and physical realities.
For more information about DELTA services, please contact LearnTech.