This Blended Learning Grant incorporated virtual tours of the custom feed mill facility across multiple courses and assignments to strengthen the connection between classes in the program. An interactive layout tool increases student engagement and enthusiasm through ownership and interaction with their own facility. Interactive PDF assignments help students with creating decision points and applications for the feed mill facility with real-world accuracy and applications.
- The face-to-face tour of the feed mill has limited accessibility.
- Noise levels restrict communication.
- Not all processes are going on at the time of a tour, limiting what students can interact with.
- The “Build Your Own Feed Mill” assignment yielded inconsistent submissions with regard to methods and quality, making it difficult for instructors to grade on a consistent scale.
- Time spent in-person at the mill could be used more effectively.
- Capture the feed mill and create a virtual 3D tour with the Matterport 3D camera system, complete with color and depth to simulate a face-to-face experience where they can freely move around.
- Include hot spot videos of different processes to make sure students are exposed to all procedures no matter when they visit in person.
- Create 360° scans and videos to introduce students to the course and the virtual tour.
- Develop an Interactive PDF for a decision tree to streamline the “Build Your Own Feedmill” assignment and create a more cohesive student experience.
- Develop a layout tool to make sure students are creating their mill in the same format while maintaining their freedom in the design process.
- Improve the grading experience with a narrowed scope of student projects.
Streamlining Feed Mill Studies – DELTA News Article
For more information about DELTA services, please contact LearnTech.