This Online and Distance Education Grant took a fully online course dating back to the early days of online instruction at NC State and turned it into a comprehensive, easy-to-use and relevant course that students will learn from. It relied on year-long discussions about basic concepts of the course and online learning, which are fundamental to a major course redesign.
- Guest Expert Paul Bitting, who usually visits and lectures each year, is now retired and has limited availability.
- A 40-minute talk needed be cut down to nine minutes.
- The course was dated and in need of technical updates.
- Produce a guest expert video to compensate for Paul Bitting’s decreased availability.
- Consolidate the longer talk into a thorough yet engaging presentation.
- Update the course with solid course objectives and new learning technologies, like instructional videos.
- Give online students the same quality experience as traditional classroom students.
- Demonstrate quality online teaching practices to education students to create a lasting impact in future classrooms.
For more information about DELTA services, please contact LearnTech.