This Online and Distance Education Grant was designed to help third- and fourth-year students who are struggling to find engagement and motivation to advance from the undergraduate foreign language requirement to the 200 level.
- The course exhibited high enrollment but low engagement.
- Many students who begin the course don’t complete it.
- Grade distribution is low.
- Students struggle to keep up with the schedule, working close to important due dates.
- Develop Progress Bars and distribute Learning Passport Stamps/Badges to track and reward accomplishments.
- Emulate everyday life in Spanish with a Unity 3D city. Unity reads and reveals models and animations based on a student’s progress. There are potential applications beyond this course.
- Utilize Moodle gamification by adding preferred and required due dates and applying different rewards for each.
For more information about DELTA services, please contact LearnTech.