Distance Education and Learning Technology Applications, better known as DELTA, fosters the integration and support of learning technologies in NC State’s academic programs, both on campus and at a distance.
Whether you’re a new online instructor or have been teaching on campus for a while, DELTA is here to help you make the most out of our enterprise-level learning technologies.
Learn the top 10 things you should know about DELTA:
- We offer more than 90 teaching and learning with technology workshops each year.
- We transform education through media-rich environments like VR, animation, gamification and more.
- We have staff devoted to answering help calls for enterprise-level tools with evening and weekend hours that can be reached at 919.513.7094.
- We offer custom workshops for groups of eight or more.
- We provide one-on-one instructional consultations for online and hybrid teaching best practices.
- We provide DELTA Grants to create, enhance and update online courses, assist with course redesign and sponsor faculty research.
- We offer assistance with developing Online and Distance Education programs.
- We provide administrative, marketing and outreach support for Online and Distance Education programs and courses.
- We have Test Centers on both campuses and proctor more than 70k exams locally and remotely each year for Online and Distance Education and on-campus classes.
- We facilitate the Instructional Design Interest Group (IDIG) to bring together faculty and staff interested in learning technologies and the different aspects of instructional design.