Happy New Year, Wolfpack! Last spring semester, the NC State community made an unprecedented shift to remote learning. NC State educators adapted to the online learning environment, explored new teaching tools, and mapped a way forward for your students — many for the first time. All the while, DELTA was there to help.
Since then, many have become comfortable with the technologies that once felt foreign. You not only know how to teach online but how to engage and connect with your students in new and creative ways. Now, as we begin a mix of in-person, hybrid and online learning for the spring 2021 semester, you are ready, and you can count on DELTA to stand with you and help you take your teaching to new heights.
Here are some helpful resources to make your spring the best it can be.
From student engagement and communication to assessment and course design, there are numerous factors that go into a successful course. We’ve gathered in-depth information and step-by-step resources to help you and your students succeed.
- DELTA Teaching Resources
- Hybrid Teaching at NC State
- Exploring Hybrid Models at NC State
- Request an Instructional Consultation
- DELTA Faculty Fellows Share Ways to Plan Breaks for Students this Spring
- Course Maps Support Student Success
- Pack Hacks for Faculty: Compassion and Understanding in Online Teaching and Learning
- Instructional Media
Effective use of technology is now essential to teaching and learning. We have workshops, guides and tools for the novice and the expert to learn from.
- DELTA Workshops
- DELTA Workshops Anytime, Anywhere
- Instructional Tools
- Get to Know Classroom Capture at NC State
- New Features in Zoom Available
- Fostering Deeper Discussions using Zoom Breakout Rooms
For quick advice on teaching with technology, organization, academic continuity and more, we have tips from fellow educators and DELTA’s team of professionals.
- All of Our Tips for Teaching and Working Remotely
- Workarounds for Moodle and Other Technologies: Tips from an Instructional Designer
- College During COVID-19: DELTA’s Tips For Teaching In 2021
- 10 Tips to Prepare Your Students for a Successful Spring
We all need help from time to time. Whether you’re troubleshooting a persistent issue or just getting used to teaching with technology, DELTA is standing by to help.
- DELTA Knowledge Base
- DELTA LearnTech Request
- DELTA LearnTech YouTube Channel Provides On-Demand Resources
For more information, visit delta.ncsu.edu.