We need your help!
DELTA has submitted two PanelPicker® proposals for South by Southwest Education Conference (SXSW EDU). PanelPicker® allows the public to vote on the sessions they would like to see at SXSW EDU.
Help us bring our innovative ideas in emerging technologies to SXSW EDU by upvoting our PanelPicker® sessions now through Friday, Aug. 23.
How to Vote
We have two sessions in the running for SXSW EDU PanelPicker® — Designing Educational Engagement with XR and Geolocation Technology in Place-Based Learning. You can read all about our sessions in the section below.
Each session has a unique link to take you directly to the voting pages.
If you have an SXSW account:
- Select our unique session links and sign in to your account in the top right corner.
- Once you’re signed in, you’ll be able to select “vote up” on the left side of the webpage.
- You’re done! Thank you!
If you do not have an SXSW account:
You have to create a free account before you can vote. But don’t worry, it’s very simple!
Check out these directions with screenshots above the directions for easy reference:
- Select one of our sessions links:
- You’ll be brought to one of the sessions voting page. Select “sign in” from the top right corner.
- Here’s your next screen. Select “create account.”
- Fill in your information here and select “create my account” when you’re finished.
- Here’s your next screen. Check your email inbox and confirm your email address by clicking the link SXSW sends. (For fair voting so no one uses bogus email addresses.)
- Select “confirm my account” in the email from SXSW.
- You’ll be brought back to the session page where you can select “vote up” on the left side of the page under cast your vote.
- When vote up button turns yellow/orange, you’re done!
Remember to vote for both of our sessions! Once you’ve created your account, you can easily select our unique links and up vote each session.
More about the Sessions from DELTA
Designing Educational Engagement with XR
Lead Instructional Designer Cathi Dunnagan, Lead Multimedia Designer Rich Gurnsey and Lead Interaction Designer/Developer Benjamin Huckaby will facilitate a workshop for attendees to explore XR — virtual reality, augmented reality, and 360° video — and its use in solving educational challenges.
The workshop will begin with a discussion and brief overview of XR and its applications within education. Teams of participants will develop ideas based on specific educational challenges that lead to appropriate XR solutions. Teams will briefly share out their solutions with everyone. Next, presenters will share how they solved each challenge at NC State, including pitfalls and successes.
Geolocation Technology in Place-Based Learning
Lead Instructional Designer Bethanne Tobey and Senior Interaction Designer/Developer David Tredwell will lead a session about place-based learning and its applications in higher education. Place-based learning gets students out of the classroom to explore and interact with the physical environment.
A team of DELTA staff members worked with NC State geology professors to solve a unique instructional challenge: using geo-location and interactive technology to bring geological concepts and applications to life for students while in the field. The team will present specific challenges, findings and solutions for the use of geo-location applications in place-based learning. Check out the video about the session below!
- Share! Tell your colleagues and friends to consider voting for our sessions for SXSW EDU 2020.
- You can vote once per session.
- Leave some comments on our voting pages to let others know why you’re voting for NC State DELTA’s sessions.
- Remember, voting closes on Friday, Aug. 23. Be sure to get those votes in before the deadline.
- And finally, DELTA appreciates your support!