Mediasite server, recorder software and recorder disc image versions
- Test server: 7.2, Build 1397.
- Production server: 7.0.30, Build 3737.
- Recorder software version: 7.1.13 Build 4571
- Recorder disc image 7.1.13.
NC State Mediasite help requests Email: email@example.com
Carolinas Chapter Mediasite User Group Early Warning
Laura B. Stephenson Award Winners Announced
Our former colleague, the late Laura Stephenson, was honored by Sonic Foundry last May at the 2017 Mediasite Unleash conference. Sonic Foundry named the annual “Video in Education” award after Laura, and the award winners were recently announced. Two Duquesne University students won the award for their innovative use of Mediasite. For more about the winners, the event and the award, read the DELTA News article here.
Semester Half-Way Point
We’re halfway through the semester and systems are working well.
Mediasite help calls at this point are predominantly faculty requests for services, such as ad hoc recordings, moving Mediasite content, publishing content. We’ve had a few room equipment, recorder and My Mediasite MDR issues, but this is normal; there are no enterprise-wide issues to report.
Version 7.2 is in the testing environment. We are in the process of testing various features. Campus partners are free to engage in their own testing of 7.2. As always, details on accessing the test environment are below.
Recorder Upgrade Process
I’m leaving the recorder upgrade process notes in the Mediasite Admin updates through the Fall semester, so they are easy to find when/if you need them. Not all recorders have been updated; everyone has different work flows and demands. We encourage campus partners to upgrade recorders by the Spring 2018 semester.
As noted previously, the 7.1.13 image has Microsoft security updates and the 7.1.13 recorder software version enables the University standard encryption of TLS 1.2.
The upgrade process is listed below, in case there are additional recorders that need to be upgraded.
Complete recorder upgrade instructions are here. Please note that these instructions cover upgrading from a variety of recorder versions, so locate the instructions for your current version in the document.
The new ISO packages preserve certificates and recorder settings, but again, we always recommend you back both up and save them in a secure place, in case you need to import them.
- Sonic Foundry 7.1.13 Release Notes in this Google Doc.
- Sonic Foundry website link to 7.1.13 Release Notes
- Sonic Foundry KBA’s (regarding USB device connections) related to 7.1.13 in this KBA Google Doc.
- Sonic Foundry note about KBA’s, with links:
“Please see KBA4008, KBA4017, and KBA4018 for important information about changes and new features in Recorder 7.1.13. This installer can only be run on a Recorder that has been restored with the Mediasite Recorder 7.1.10 Restore Image (or later)”
Testing Your Production Workflow
The Mediasite testing environment is available 24/7.
- Every Mediasite Instance is on the test server.
- You have access to your test Instance, 24/7, which is identical to your production instance URL with the addition of “-testing” after the college/department name, such as delta-testing, coe-testing, textiles-testing, etc.
- If you experience any difficulties, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Sonic Foundry Release Notes, bug fixes and known issues are available on the Sonic Foundry Support website.
When working with a captioning provider, always reference the NC State Convenience Contract 298479 to ensure you receive the discounted rate. Information about NC State closed captioning is on the OIT Accessibility website: https://accessibility.oit.ncsu.edu/choosing-a-captioning-company/
NC State Mediasite
- For NC State Mediasite information email email@example.com.
- Subscribe to Mediasite updates by sending the message “subscribe mediasite” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unsubscribe to Mediasite updates by sending the message “unsubscribe mediasite” to email@example.com.
Maintenance Schedules and Updates
- DELTA Updates and Maintenance Schedule: https://wolfware.ncsu.edu/updates-maintenance/
- NC State Sysnews: https://sysnews.ncsu.edu/
- Sonic Foundry general information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sonic Foundry Customer Support website: Mediasite Customer Assurance Portal
- Sonic Foundry Customer Support phone: 877.783.7987