DE Administrative Services – Distance Education
Melissa Williford, Sharon Broere, Katie Crews, Lynda Hambourger, Allison Harrison, Diane Lawton, Karen Moore, Karen Potter, John Pugh
The DE Administrative Services team is just beginning to wind down from an exceptionally busy summer end and fall semester start. To efficiently accommodate continued growth in enrollments we’ve benefitted greatly from collaboration within DELTA, significantly improving services while minimizing staffing time and resources. Several key areas of development:
- improved “welcome” e-mail forwarded to all students enrolled in distance sections. The message is now individually tailored to reference the students’ specific DE section enrollments and includes the link to view the course detail sheet for each section, providing prompt, complete course information
- improved automated electronic course approval process
- collaboration toward improved student-instructor awareness of and access of online video materials
- consult with Registration & Records, Cashier’s Office and other campus units toward issues impacting non-degree studies (NDS) enrollment processes
- improved, new design for course detail sheets, including course syllabus and information video
- collaboration to develop and produce a new online orientation for distance learners
High-fives and praises to the DE Admin team, providing EXCELLENT student and faculty services! We’re pleased to highlight some key areas of service; Diane Lawton processed 900+ NDS applications and responded to 100+ emails per month; Allison Harrison assisted faculty with 200+ textbook orders; Karen Potter oversaw all detail sheets and assisted Program Directors with enrollments, Katie Crews scheduled 650+ course sections and the team processed over 1,400 course enrollments. Sharon Broere continued to provide enrollment services for over 175 students under academic suspension and together with Diane Lawton worked towards establishing eligibility for more than 100 international students. Lynda Hambourger’s outstanding Academic Advising services continue to provide positive direction for thousands of students each semester. John Pugh and Karen Moore successfully managed over 6,700 total summer exams and anticipate managing approximately 9,000 this fall. Plans are in progress toward expanding Testing Services to include a 2nd site, located in Cox Hall.
Welcome to Emily Brooks!