Consider following these recommendations with your course(s).
- Is Moodle your LMS? Consider placing the Moodle DELTA Testing Block into your course, which directly links to the Testing Services website.
- There are two testing locations on campus:
- Put clear, concise information about DELTA Testing’s Services in your syllabus.
- View our syllabus statement for your reference. It will help explain local and remote testing.
- Our office adheres to the guidelines set forth by The Office of Student Conduct. Explicitly state the expectation for academic integrity in your course, as well as non-academic behavior that is unacceptable in the NC State Community.
- Consider adding a link to our DE calendar and hours of operation when you post about upcoming exams.
- Encourage students to contact our staff with their questions or issues as they arise. We are happy to assist them.
- Take a tour of the testing center to better understand our process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best Practices for Tests
- Limit the number of on-site exams to four or fewer per course.
- Schedule your testing window to end early in the week.
- Give at least a two-day window for each exam.
- Allowing notes? Consider limiting the number of sheets students are able to take in during the exam or creating a study guide.
For tests delivered online, follow these additional best practices:
- Provide students with an opportunity to take a practice exam in the same format as the graded exam.
- If you are rolling over course content from a previous semester, make sure your test dates are correct in the LMS. Also, make sure students may access the exam.
- If your exams are in Moodle, understand how to implement a user override. Faculty, please set up extensions and accessibility accommodations before the student arrives for their exam.
- Contact LearnTech if you have additional questions.
- Verify all online passwords. Please make sure to verify your exam dates, passwords and other information after putting them into the system. Notify DELTA Testing Services of any password changes as soon as possible. This information is sent verbatim to remote proctors.
All paper-based tests must be submitted to DELTA Testing Services at email@example.com at least two days prior to the exam date.
Please include the following information on the first page of your test(s):
- Course and section numbers (example, BIO 181 610)
- Test ID (examples: Test 1, Final Exam)
- Instructor name
- Time limit
- Materials permitted
Faculty, it is imperative that our office has a copy of all DSO accommodation letters on file before administering the exam for your student. Please reiterate to students that they forward the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may pick up the completed tests for your course in Cox Hall Room 205 after 10 a.m. on the day following the end of an exam period. Consider emailing email@example.com to let us know when you are coming so we can prepare the packet before you arrive.