FS 350: Introduction to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points System (HACCP) is an introductory course designed to teach how to write and implement food safety plans in processing plants. With the help of Clint Stevenson and his team, DELTA’s Video Communications Services (VCS) created 15 instructional based videos to enhance students experience with processing plants. Twelve of these videos were 3-D views of the processing plant and the other three were documentary style videos demonstrating how a plant operates. These videos help orient and illustrate to students what a processing plant is all about while training them in HACCP.
- Many students have never worked in a plant before and need HACCP
- Students must comprehend daily challenges of a plant
- Realistically portray the processing plant and the HACCP plan
- Using different genres of videos: instructional and documentary
- Using different views of the plant
- Documenting each of the 12 safety components of a plant
- Video and online instructions
- ID and Producer worked closely to make a cohesive plan
Howling Cow: A Case Study for Online Learning
For more information about DELTA services, please contact LearnTech.