Here’s your latest WolfWare News, provided to help you make effective use of WolfWare this fall semester.
- Moodle: For the past several months, DELTA has shared information and resources about the upgrade of Moodle, our learning management system, to version 4. Moodle 4 features a more modern, intuitive interface. On August 8, the Moodle Outreach and Project Servers will be upgraded and all spaces will be updated to this version. Read the article, “Outreach and Project Servers Get a Moodle Upgrade” for detail and support resources.
- Gradescope: If you are teaching large classes, we encourage you to take a look at Gradescope, it’s an add on to Moodle that allows you to grade a variety of different type of assignments, more quickly, systematically and efficiently return graded work to students. Our knowledge base article, “Gradescope at NC State” has more information to help you get started.
- August 8: Moodle Outreach and Project Servers upgraded to Moodle 4
- August 15 – 18: DELTA’s annual Summer Shorts program
- August 19: Moodle 4 Open Lab
- August 22: First day of fall classes
Getting Started with WolfWare
Here is a curated collection of articles to get you up and running with WolfWare.
- Requesting a WolfWare space and activating tools.
- Creating a Moodle space for a class.
- If you are creating your course from scratch, consider using the Quick Start Course Shell to begin with a structured course layout that uses consistent elements to help students navigate your course.
- Adding your TA or other support staff to your Moodle courses.
- Making a Moodle course available to students.
- Courses open automatically to students on the first official day of classes. Instructors can change the date to open their courses sooner or later.
On-Demand Resources: DELTA maintains a searchable knowledge base of articles on WolfWare and learning technologies. Our YouTube channel is also an excellent 24/7 resource. Be sure to subscribe for updates since new content is regularly added to the channel.
WolfWare Training: DELTA hosts workshops for instructors, including training on using WolfWare tools. Check out our schedule and secure your spot as classes can fill up quickly. You can also review our inventory of recorded workshops.
Feature Requests and General Feedback: We welcome your input to make our WolfWare technologies as useful as possible to your teaching. To provide feedback and to submit (or view) feature requests, go to wolfware.ncsu.edu and select “Send Feedback” at the bottom of the page.
Thank you for your interest!
Please contact DELTA’s LearnTech Help Desk by emailing email@example.com if you need assistance.