While the NC State experience may look different this semester, NC State faculty are continuing their commitment to serving students through course improvement and the quality of online education. Faculty members from across the university have worked hard to complete Quality Matters (QM) training facilitated by the Course Quality Program at NC State.
The Course Quality Program provides professional development opportunities to help faculty improve the quality of their online or blended course based on Quality Matters, a nationally recognized, standards-based program focused on continuous improvement of online and blended courses and programs.
Teaching Associate Professor Kimberly Ange-van Heugten joins the ranks of two other faculty members who have completed and earned Quality Matters Essentials Recognition. Ange-van Heugten applied the essential standards of the QM Higher Education Rubric to her course ANS 225: Animal Science Nutrition, which was then peer-reviewed and validated by a set of certified Peer Reviewer faculty at NC State.
Three faculty members have recently earned QM course certification by completing the Online Course Improvement Program offered by DELTA. These exemplary NC State courses have undergone a rigorous review process and have subsequently received official Quality Matters Certification, bringing the NC State total number of QM-certified courses to 26.
- Eileen Taylor — MBA 590: Ethical Thinking for Managers
- Seth Murray — IS 200: Introduction to International Studies
- Frank Perry —LPS 315: Leadership in the Public Sector
Additionally, 22 faculty members have completed the Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) workshop. In addition to learning about the QM Rubric and the course review process, they also learned to apply the concept of alignment and draft helpful recommendations for course improvement of online and blended courses.
- Jamie Alexander — College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Terri Billeisen — College of Natural Resources
- Kimberly Bush — College of Natural Resources
- Vanessa Doriott Anderson — The Graduate School
- Anna Gibson —College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Peter Hessling — College of Education
- John Howe — College of Education
- Stephanie Jefferies — College of Natural Resources
- Concepcion Jimenez-Gonalez — College of Engineering
- Jesse Jur — Wilson College of Textiles
- Sarah Kirby — College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Caitlin Knowles — College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Erica Kosal — College of Sciences
- Peter Koutroumpis — University College
- Amanda Mills — Wilson College of Textiles
- Kevin Oliver — College of Education
- Katherine Saul — College of Engineering
- Jennifer Tagsold — DELTA
- Vaishnavi Thakar — College of Natural Resources
- Shweta Trivedi — College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Ruth Watkins — College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Zodiac Webster — College of Sciences
Congratulations on your accomplishment and dedication to the improvement of quality online courses at NC State!
Join the Course Quality at NC State Google Group to begin receiving news and updates for online course improvement professional development opportunities and updates. To subscribe send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.