It’s time to set your DELTA Grants project proposals into motion!
DELTA Grants is a competitive awards program for NC State faculty and staff. We are seeking collaborative partners from diverse disciplines across campus for the 2020-2021 DELTA Grants cycle. Partners will work with staff to provide innovative solutions for educational challenges.
Award recipients whose projects are accepted for funding receive DELTA personnel support for the planning, design and development of online and distance education courses, blended learning, traditional courses, projects and faculty peer outreach assistance.
What Types of DELTA Grants are Available?
- The Rapid Design grant is intended for faculty who need guidance and templates to produce an Online and Distance Education course on a quick timeline (3-4 months).
- Provides faculty a series of three targeted, one-to-one consultations to help guide faculty through the application of DELTA-developed templates and step-by-step guides to ensure they have the tools and skills necessary to design or redesign their courses.
- Provides support for the full or partial redesign of critical path, large enrollment courses required for graduation.
- Faculty Fellows grants sponsor NC State faculty to work with DELTA to share their experience teaching and learning with technology, allowing the campus community to benefit from their expertise.
- Provides design and development support for a new ODE course or the creation of instructional materials for revision of an established course.
- Provides design and development of instructional materials for environments combining face-to-face and online learning.
- Allows faculty to investigate a unique instructional challenge in an existing course or exploration of targeted emerging technologies (think virtual reality, augmented reality and more).
Visit go.ncsu.edu/deltagrants for more specific information on each grant type.
Interested? Attend an Info Session and/or Group Consultation
If you’re new to DELTA Grants and need the basic information, join us for one of our informational sessions. If you have an idea and need feedback for crafting your proposal, join us for a group consultation. Registration for info sessions and group consults opens March 3.
If you’re not familiar with DELTA Grants, this session is for you. You’ll learn:
- The difference between the grant types with brief examples of each.
- Important dates for the DELTA Grants cycle including specifics on how to apply and what to expect during the application process.
- More about the collaborative partnership of a DELTA Grant and how DELTA works with faculty to impact student success.
- Information on how to sign up for a Group Consultation session where you can receive more feedback on your specific DELTA Grant project vision.
- How to collaborate with DELTA to engage your faculty colleagues in teaching with technology by becoming a Faculty Fellow.
- Answers to any questions you may have.
In the two-hour group consultations, you will:
- Receive an overview of the DELTA Grants types and processes.
- Break into groups based on your chosen grant type (whether known or unknown).
- Discuss your idea with DELTA personnel and receive feedback on ways to enhance your proposal.
- Hear from faculty colleagues on their approach to writing a DELTA Grant proposal.
DELTA Grants Timeline
March 30: DELTA Grants Request For Proposals available for review.
March 30: DELTA Grants submission system opens.
May 15: Proposal submissions due by 5 p.m.
Visit go.ncsu.edu/deltagrants for more information about each grant type and other important dates.
View our DELTA Grants FAQ page for information about grant eligibility, the review process and general inquiries.
Email email@example.com with specific questions.