Mediasite Server, Recorder Software and Recorder Disc Image Versions
- Test server: 7.0.30, Build 3737.
- Production server: 7.0.30, Build 3737.
- Recorder software version: 7.1.13 Build 4571
- Recorder disc image 7.1.13.
Recorder Version 7.1.13 Build 4571
Upgrade recorders to this version to enable the university-mandated security encryption standard TLS 1.2. Recorders must be on recorder disc image 7.1.10 or higher to run version 7.1.13. A link to instructions is below.
7.1.13 Disc Image
The Mediasite 7.1.13 disc image contains important Microsoft security updates that protect against these vulnerabilities:
We are upgrading DELTA recorders to image and version 7.1.13 for the Fall semester. We recommend you consider upgrading your recorders to the 7.1.13 disc image also, after doing your own testing to ensure there aren’t any problems with your production workflow.
We’ve experienced the loss of input settings and server connections with some recorders when we upgrade. We routinely check these settings after an upgrade and recommend you do so, too.
We also recommend saving the recorder settings and the certificate in a secure location, even though the package pushed from the server is supposed to save that information. It’s better to be safe than sorry, and it only takes a couple of minutes.
The “Mediasite Recorder Restore Image” package under Recorder Updates in the Management Portal is not tied to any specific image version. You have to input the path to the 7.1.13 ISO as part of the process.
Please test your production workflow prior to installing recorder images and versions on your production instance and production recorders.
Recorder Upgrade Process
View complete recorder upgrade instructions. Please note that these instructions cover upgrading from a variety of recorder versions, so locate the instructions for your current version in the document.
The new ISO packages preserve certificates and recorder settings, but again, we always recommend you back both up and save them in a secure place, in case you need to import them.
- Sonic Foundry 7.1.13 Release Notes in this Google Doc.
- Sonic Foundry website link to 7.1.13 Release Notes
- Sonic Foundry KBA’s (regarding USB device connections) related to 7.1.13 in this KBA Google Doc.
- Sonic Foundry note about KBA’s, with links:
“Please see KBA4008, KBA4017, and KBA4018 for important information about changes and new features in Recorder 7.1.13. This installer can only be run on a Recorder that has been restored with the Mediasite Recorder 7.1.10 Restore Image (or later)”
Testing Your Production Workflow
The Mediasite testing environment is available 24/7.
- Every Mediasite Instance is on the test server.
- You have access to your test Instance, 24/7, which is identical to your production instance URL with the addition of “-testing” after the college/department name, such as delta-testing, coe-testing, textiles-testing, etc.
- If you experience any difficulties, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Sonic Foundry Release Notes, bug fixes and known issues are available on the Sonic Foundry Support website.
When working with a captioning provider, always reference the NC State Convenience Contract 298479 to ensure you receive the discounted rate. Information about NC State closed captioning is on the OIT Accessibility website:
- For any Mediasite information or to send Mediasite help requests, email email@example.com.
- Subscribe to Mediasite updates by sending the message “subscribe mediasite” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unsubscribe to Mediasite updates by sending the message “unsubscribe mediasite” to email@example.com.
- DELTA Updates and Maintenance Schedule: https://wolfware.ncsu.edu/updates-maintenance/
- Sonic Foundry general information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sonic Foundry Customer Support website: Mediasite Customer Assurance Portal
- Sonic Foundry Customer Support phone: 877.783.7987
NC State Mediasite information or help requests: email@example.com.