Unleash 2017 Online Access
The Unleash Mediasite Conference takes place in Madison, Wisconsin, Monday, May 1 through Wednesday, May 3. Free online attendance is available to those of us at NC State who aren’t able to attend in person. You can attend online live if you wish, but if you don’t have time this week (or if you are reading this after the fact), session recordings will be available for viewing online after the conference.
To register for Unleash Online:
- Click here to test your connection and see the Mediasite viewing requirements before the conference starts.
- To browse sessions and watch live or on-demand, go to your Unleash 2017 Showcase: http://unleash.mediasite.com/Mediasite/Showcase/unleash_showcase_2017
- username: Unleash17
- password: TuesWeds
We are recommending that all Mediasite recorders be upgraded to image 7.1.11 and version 7.1.12 Build 3895. It is available on the Production server. The upgrade can be done as a push from the server, provided the recorders are on a 7.1.xx image.
- If your recorders are already on a 7.1.xx image, you can push the update from the server without physically touching the recorder. You will need to backup all your recorder settings prior to pushing the update. We recommend saving an extra copy of the backup on your own computer as an extra safety measure, to be sure you have it.
- If your recorders are on a 7.0 image, the process may be more cumbersome. Contact us at email@example.com if that is the case.
- The 7.1.12 version allows the latest version of SSL encryption, which is TLS 1.2 and is a University security standard.
- Once upgraded, there is nothing further you need to do about TLS 1.2, because it’s something we enable from the server side.
Server Upgrade Path
As discussed in our March MUG meeting:
- Mediasite server 7.0.30 upgrade planned for July 15, 2017 maintenance window.
- 7.0.30 currently in the testing environment.
- We’ll stay on that version through Spring 2018.
- Server version 7.2 upgrade planned to happen between Spring and Fall 2018 semesters.
- Test environment expected to upgrade to 7.2 by Fall 2017, for testing over the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters.
May Server Maintenance
DELTA Mediasite server maintenance date is Monday, May 15. Windows updates will be installed at 5 a.m.
The maintenance window between Spring and Summer semesters is very short, from the deadline for Spring grade submission midnight Friday, May 12 to the start of Summer and Maymester on Wednesday, May 17. It’s likely that other campus entities will also be doing system maintenance & updates during this time. Check Sysnews for information. https://sysnews.ncsu.edu/
DELTA will perform maintenance for the entire week, with major work on Monday, May 15 and Tuesday, May 16. Again, check Sysnews for current information.
Testing Your Production Workflow
The Mediasite Test server has been updated to 7.0.30, Build 3577. At the time of this writing (May 2) MPEG-DASH is not yet enabled. An update when it is enabled and ready for testing will be posted in DELTA News and emailed to the Mediasite Admin and Mediasite Moodle course lists.
The Mediasite testing environment is available 24/7.
- The test server is on version 7.0.30, Build 3577.
- The most recent recorder image is 7.1.11
- The most recent recorder version is 7.1.12 Build 3895
- 7.1.12 versions require image 7.1.10 or 7.1.11.
- Every Mediasite Instance is on the test server.
- You have access to your test Instance, 24/7.
- The URL is identical to your production instance URL except “-testing” is inserted after the college/department name, such as delta-testing, coe-testing, textiles-testing, etc.
- If you experience any difficulties, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Sonic Foundry Release Notes, bug fixes and known issues are available on the Sonic Foundry Support website.
When working with a captioning provider, always reference the NC State Convenience Contract 298479 to ensure you receive the discounted rate. Information about NC State closed captioning is on the OIT Accessibility website: https://accessibility.oit.ncsu.edu/choosing-a-captioning-company/
For any Mediasite information or to send Mediasite help requests, email email@example.com.
Subscribe to Mediasite updates by sending the message “subscribe mediasite” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe to Mediasite updates by sending the message “unsubscribe mediasite” to email@example.com.
DELTA Updates and Maintenance Schedule: https://wolfware.ncsu.edu/updates-maintenance/
Sonic Foundry contact information
General information firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Support website: Mediasite Customer Assurance Portal
Customer Support phone: 877.783.7987
As always, For any NC State Mediasite information or help requests, email email@example.com.