As discussed in our March MUG meeting:
- Mediasite server 7.0.30 upgrade planned for July 15, 2017 maintenance window.
- We’ll stay on that version through Spring 2018.
- Server version 7.2 upgrade planned to happen between Spring and Fall 2018 semesters.
- Test environment expected to upgrade to 7.2 by Fall 2017, for testing over the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters.
April Server Maintenance
DELTA Mediasite server maintenance date is Saturday April 22. Windows updates will be installed between 5:00 and 6 a.m.
Testing Your Production Workflow
The Mediasite Test server has been updated to 7.0.29, Build 3204. MPEG-DASH is enabled and available for testing.
The Mediasite testing environment is available 24/7.
- The test server is on version 7.0.29, Build 3204.
- The most recent recorder image is 7.1.11
- The most recent recorder version is 7.1.12 Build 3895
- 7.1.12 versions require image 7.1.10 or 7.1.11.
- Every Mediasite Instance is on the test server.
- You have access to your test Instance, 24/7.
- The URL is identical to your production instance URL except “-testing” is inserted after the college/department name, such as delta-testing, coe-testing, textiles-testing, etc.
- If you experience any difficulties, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Sonic Foundry Release Notes, bug fixes and known issues are available on the Sonic Foundry Support website.
When working with a captioning provider, always reference the NC State Convenience Contract 298479 to ensure you receive the discounted rate. Information about NC State closed captioning is on the OIT Accessibility website:
For any Mediasite information or to send Mediasite help requests, email
Subscribe to Mediasite updates by sending the message “subscribe mediasite” to email@example.com.
Unsubscribe to Mediasite updates by sending the message “unsubscribe mediasite” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DELTA Updates and Maintenance Schedule: https://wolfware.ncsu.edu/updates-maintenance/
Sonic Foundry contact information:
General information email@example.com.
Customer Support website: Mediasite Customer Assurance Portal
Customer Support phone: 877.783.7987
As always, For any NC State Mediasite information or help requests, email firstname.lastname@example.org.