Are you a faculty member who has a great idea to engage your students with no assistance to get it done? Or are you seeking funding to develop or improve a course with the latest technologies or research-based best practices? The annual DELTA Grants program may just what you are looking for.
DELTA Grants is a competitive awards program for NC State faculty and/or staff. Award recipients whose projects are accepted for funding receive DELTA personnel support for the planning, design and development of courses and applications, depending on the grant.
The aim of the DELTA Grants is to seek faculty and staff partners from diverse disciplines across the university to work with DELTA staff to provide innovative solutions to educational challenges. Grant recipients will promote student success by collaborating with DELTA to use technologies and pedagogical design in teaching and learning environments.
This year there are five distinct DELTA Grants to meet the varied needs of faculty, colleges and departments across NC State’s campus.
This year DELTA seeks proposals in the following categories:
- Blended Learning (BL) Grants provide funding and DELTA staff assistance for the design and development of instructional materials and strategies for environments combining face-to-face and online learning best practices..
- Critical Path (CP) Course Redesign Grants fund the redesign of large enrollment or critical path courses on the undergraduate level and required by the major, college or university for graduation.
- Distance Education (DE) Grants provide funding and DELTA staff assistance for the design and development of a distance education course or the creation of instructional materials for the expansion or substantial revision of an established course.
- Exploratory (EX) Grants are focused on examining a single application or addressing a unique instructional challenge in an existing course.
- Faculty Fellows (FF) Grants sponsor faculty to work with DELTA to share their experience teaching and learning with technology, allowing the campus community to benefit from their expertise.
Faculty or staff interested in submitting proposals are encouraged to schedule a consultation with DELTA staff prior to submitting proposals. You may reserve a consultation slot beginning March 10 (appointment slots are available March 28 through April 29) .
Proposal submissions for the 2016-2017 DELTA Grants program are accepted from March 28 to May 6. All entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 6.
Visit the DELTA Grants page for the full 2016-2017 DELTA Grants Request for Proposals, scheduling a consultation with DELTA staff, submitting a proposal and more information and examples of DELTA Grants.
For any other questions, please email email@example.com.