As part of an ongoing effort to keep Mediasite administrators on campus informed, we created this DELTAwire article specifically for you! For help with any Mediasite questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article includes information on the following topics:
Correcting Video Color Issues
When switching between sources, video will appear either green or magenta in color.
When switching between two sources with the same resolution, but different color spaces, the recorder does not recognize the change in color space. The most common cause is switching between a PC and Mac. Most PC graphic cards use RGB, and Macs use YPbPr. Another common cause is switching between HD Cameras and PCs with RGB graphic cards.
- Change the resolution on podium PC to something different then what a Mac laptop would output. If podium is set to 1280×720, make your laptop set to 1920×1080. Refer to Solution 2 on how to manage resolutions.
- Change the EDID table on the switcher so that the podium PC and laptops display a different resolution.
- If you are transmitting a digital signal to the Recorder (HDMI, DVI) then only use a VGA/analog connector for laptops. The analog to digital conversion will put the laptops in the correct color space.
- If this occurs during a recording, go into the source properties and manually change the color space. Don’t forget to change it back to “Auto” once the Recording has ended.
If you need further assistance with this issue, please send email to email@example.com.
Please remember to NOT update your recorders past v7.0.24 build 2089. Sonic Foundry is working on a new recorder build and we will notify everyone when the new version is available.
Mediasite Server Maintenance
The monthly Windows Updates for the Mediasite servers will be installed on Saturday, November 14 between 5 a.m.–6 a.m. The servers will be rebooted one at a time. There will be a brief outage when the database and file servers are rebooted, but no other interruptions are expected.
If you have any questions regarding the maintenance listed above or experience any Mediasite issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
For further information and updates, please see Updates & Maintenance schedule.
UNLEASH 2016, Mediasite User Conference
The global Mediasite User Conference is the best networking venue for Mediasite enthusiasts. Whether you attend in Madison or choose to participate online, this can’t-miss event is packed with knowledge sharing, best practices and Mediasite Community networking. It’s that time of year to start thinking about Unleash 2016. Registration is open, so register and save the date for your global Mediasite User Conference, May 2-4 in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Select “New Registration”
- Click the category “All Access Pass”
- After the appropriate category has been selected, Click “Apply Code” Button
- Complete the rest of the form
To learn more about Mediasite at NC State, or to see other topics covered in our next update, please contact Laura Stephenson at email@example.com. Your suggestions are always welcome.
Please send Mediasite help requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Mediasite updates by sending the message “subscribe mediasite” to email@example.com.