As part of an ongoing effort to keep Mediasite administrators on campus informed, we created this DELTAwire article specifically for you! For help with any Mediasite questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article includes information on the following topics:
Mediasite Service Hardware Replacement
On September 26, DELTA replaced the load balancers with newer, more robust hardware. Users have reported improved publishing and playback results. In addition, the load balancers are within normal capacity. If you experience any additional issues, please send email to email@example.com.
Mediasite Server Maintenance
The Mediasite 7.0.25 server update for the servers will be installed during the Fall Break maintenance window on October 8-10. We will also migrate several backend servers to new Windows Server 2012 R2 servers from the existing Windows Server 2008 R2 servers. All Mediasite services will be down for a short period while the work is being performed. After the upgrade, we encourage everyone to thoroughly test their respective workflows prior to classes beginning on Oct 12.
The monthly Windows Updates for the Mediasite servers will be installed on Saturday, October 24th between 5 a.m.—6 a.m. The servers will be rebooted one at a time. There will be a brief outage when the database and file servers are rebooted, but no other interruptions are expected.
If you have any questions regarding the maintenance listed above or experience any Mediasite issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
For further information and updates, please see Updates & Maintenance schedule.
DELTA recently submitted the following two feature requests to Sonic Foundry. If you have other feature requests you would like to see in the Mediasite or My Mediasite software, you can submit feature requests through the Sonic Foundry Support Portal.
- My Mediasite analytical data: Currently, a My Mediasite analytical report does not provide the complete data as a report in the Mediasite management portal. A feature request was submitted to have My Mediasite analytical reports have the same data as the Mediasite reports.
- My Mediasite audio mute/unmute function in management portal playback: A problem was reported when a My Mediasite presentation was viewed through the My Mediasite management portal using the “watch in new window” function. If you are watching the video and mute the audio and then close the window without unmuting the audio, the software would “remember” the mute setting when the presentation is subsequently played in the Management Portal a second time. The user through the presentation did not have audio and there is not currently a method to mute or more importantly unmute the presentation in the management portal. This has confused some My Mediasite clients and has generated Help Desk calls. A feature request was submitted to have a mute/unmute function on the portal playback screen.
UNLEASH 2016, Mediasite User Conference
The global Mediasite User Conference is the best networking venue for Mediasite enthusiasts. Whether you attend in Madison or choose to participate online, this can’t-miss event is packed with knowledge sharing, best practices and Mediasite Community networking. It’s that time of year to start thinking about Unleash 2016. Registration is open, so register and save the date for your global Mediasite User Conference, May 2-4 in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Select “New Registration”
- Click the category “All Access Pass”
- After the appropriate category has been selected, Click “Apply Code” Button
- Complete the rest of the form
To learn more about Mediasite at NC State, or to see other topics covered in our next update, please contact Laura Stephenson at email@example.com. Your suggestions are always welcome.
Please send Mediasite help requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Mediasite updates by sending the message “subscribe mediasite” to email@example.com.