As the new semester gets underway, here’s the latest Moodle News to help you make the most effective use of Moodle as you’re teaching your courses.
New Features in Moodle
- WeBWorK block to create and administer online homework in Moodle. (more info)
- Nanogong plug-in to record audio clips within Moodle. (more info)
- Moodle Workshop module to use for peer review activities. (more info)
Updated WolfWare Site
On Jan. 2 we rolled out a new version of wolfware.ncsu.edu. Our goal is to provide you with a single location where you can access and update the tools you use to teach your classes. Please let us know how we’re doing and what you would like to see by sending us feedback (see Other Moodle News, below).
We offer a variety of workshops and seminars for Moodle and other educational technologies. In addition to staples such as “Moodle: Getting Started,” “Moodle: Gradebook Basics” and “Moodle: Creating and Administering Quizzes,” we are excited about our newest offering, “Moodle: Effective Design Strategies.” View current offerings and register for workshops.
- In March 2014 we’ll release our annual Moodle upgrade, Moodle 2.6. The upgrade will be available for instructors to start preparing for courses they will teach in summer or fall 2014. We expect that you’ll see only minor changes in the user interface of Moodle and some enhancements to the activities and resources built into Moodle.
- Consider attending a “What’s New in Moodle” seminar in April (see Moodle Training, above).
Other Moodle News
- DELTAwire: Check the WolfWare News section of DELTAwire from time to time to stay current on the latest LMS news.
- Feature Requests and General Feedback: We welcome your input to make Moodle as useful and helpful to your teaching as possible. You can submit (or view) feature requests and provide feedback by going to wolfware.ncsu.edu and selecting “Send Feedback” at the bottom of the page.
- LMS Maintenance Windows: We reserve blocks of time to take Moodle offline for upgrades and maintenance. View the maintenance schedule.