We have a maintenance window scheduled for Saturday, October 23. This post contains information about the work scheduled to be performed on our learning management systems during that maintenance window.
- Saturday, October 23, 8:00am – 10:00am
- Change permission to allow instructors to export their Books as IMS Packages. Prior to the Moodle 1.9.9 upgrade, Teachers could do this; after this change, Teachers and Designers will be able to do this.
- Update the themes so that they all use the SSL version of the branding bar, to remove mixed secure/unsecure content warnings. Also fix minor inconsistencies between the themes and certificate icon.
- Update the text on the lost password pages and emails.
- Update the Course Participation report to fix performance issues.
- Modify Announcements to have three priority levels. Announcements will sort by priority and then last update date/time for display.
- Install new SSL certificate on load-balancer before the current one expires next month.
Previously Implemented Items
Some updates were made to our LMSes since the last DELTAwire post; here is a list of those changes:
- Add timezone data to Moodle so that repeating meetings work correctly across a DST barrier.
- The Moodle database connection limit was increased to 600, from 500.
- The Moodle sessions table was reverted to MyISAM, from InnoDB.
- A feature request page was added to WolfWare.
- The WolfWare feedback form was updated to add contact information fields to form and remove mention of anonymous.