Using classroom capture with Mediasite, you can record your regularly-scheduled, face-to-face classes in any Mediasite-equipped classroom. Your students will benefit from classroom capture recordings that
- clarify content
- supplement material covered in class
- review content missed due to an absence
- provide web-based instruction for online and distance education students
With classroom capture you can automatically or manually capture the presenter and classroom video, audio and content from peripheral devices (laptop, PC, document camera). The captured media can be streamed live and archived for future viewing. Recordings require virtually no pre- or post-production work and are ready for viewing almost immediately after the recording is over.
Press play to view a sample recording:
1. Submit a classroom capture request. Complete the Classroom Capture Opt-In Form to request this service.
2. Schedule your course in an available room. Classroom capture services are available in many classrooms and recording studios across campus. To use classroom capture services, make arrangements with your departmental scheduling officer to have your class scheduled in an available room.
If you are recording a course to be offered through Online and Distance Education, we encourage you to consider recording your course in a DELTA facility. These classrooms yield a higher quality recording due to controlled lighting, audio, student interaction, multiple cameras and technical assistance.
3. Complete a training session. Training with the classroom capture equipment is essential. It takes very little time and provides a substantial return. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of the hands-on training that is offered.
DELTA can assist faculty with the effective design and delivery of Mediasite presentations for online and distance education as well as for blended courses. We regularly offer a Mediasite seminar and also provide one-on-one consultations and custom workshops for departments.
If you need further information or have questions, email email@example.com.