You should complete these instructions the first time that you use Blackboard Collaborate on your computer. If you switch to a new computer, be sure to run the configuration again on that computer.
Step 1: Checking System Requirements
|Your Operating System
As you prepare for your Collaborate session, please ensure the following:
- You are using the computer on which you will attend your session.
- You are using the internet connection on which you will attend your session, and it is a stable, reliable connection.
- You have speakers to hear audio from the session. If your moderator will require you to speak, you will need a microphone and speakers, preferably a headset.
- You have the appropriate permissions to save files to your computer. If you are unsure, contact your system administrator.
Step 2: Configuring Collaborate on Your Computer
Enter the Configuration Room and follow the instructions for setting up your audio and specifying your connection speed.
- When entering the Configuration Room, download and install the Collaborate Launcher if prompted.
- If you are unable to enter the Configuration Room, you may be operating behind a firewall.
- If you are running a personal firewall, it may be easiest to disconnect your firewall when you need to use Collaborate.
Step 3: Training
If this is your first time using Blackboard Collaborate as a participant, browse the following orientation for helpful tips:
- Collaborate Help for Participants (Blackboard.com)
Please access the instructional and support resources available on DELTA’s Blackboard Collaborate at NC State page.