Teaching an online course requires some different skills and a different mindset than traditional classroom instruction. Here are some resources for learning about effective online pedagogy:
- Seven principles of good practice in undergraduate education
- Arthur Chickering and Zelda Gamson published this article in 1987 in the AAHE Bulletin.
- Implementing the Seven Principles: Technology as Lever
- Chickering and Stephen Ehrmann published a follow-up article in 1996, which covers using technology to implement the seven principles
- Quality Matters
- The Quality Matters team did an extensive literature review in preparation for creating the 2011-2013 updated rubric for judging online courses.
- The EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research (ECAR) provides timely research and analysis to help higher education leaders make better decisions about information technology.