Blackboard Collaborate for Participants
Requirements to participate in a Blackboard Collaborate session:
- A computer that meets the Blackboard Collaborate minimum requirements. Generally, this means a Windows machine running Windows XP or higher, a Mac running OS X 10.5 or higher, or one of the approved Linux OSs.
- An appropriate version of Java. Completing the configuration will verify this.
- Stable Internet connectivity.
- The ability to save files to your computer.
- Speakers to hear audio.
- If your instructor requires you to participate audibly in the session, you will need a headset with microphone.
How to participate in a Blackboard Collaborate session:
- Configure your computer.
- Learn how to use Blackboard Collaborate via the online orientation or participant’s guides.
- Prepare your environment.
- Find a comfortable place with no distractions.
- Turn off or remove any distractions from your work area, including your cell phone, other Internet applications, instant messaging programs, email, etc.
- Use the Audio Setup Wizard to test your microphone and speaker levels every time you join a Blackboard Collaborate session.
- Participate fully in the session - respond to questions, answer polls, and type in the chat as directed by your moderator or instructor.
- Raise your hand if you have a question or comment.
- Turn off other applications running on your computer - these can slow your connection to Blackboard Collaborate
Blackboard Collaborate’s 24 hour/7 days a week support:
- 877-382-2293 (select Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing version 11)
- Blackboard Collaborate Support Portal
When searching the support portal, note that we are using Blackboard Collaborate version 11.
DELTA’s Frequently Asked Questions
- I can't connect to Blackboard Collaborate and I get the error: “connection failed - direct call failed.”
- I can't connect to Blackboard Collaborate: “Unable to launch specified application - category: Invalid Argument Error.”
- Blackboard Collaborate error: Unable to Launch Specified Application - Category: Download Error. Unable to Load resource.
- How do I solve audio problems like feedback and echoes in my Blackboard Collaborate session?
- Nothing happens when I try to connect to a Blackboard Collaborate session and/or I am taken to a list of all sessions.
- What do I do if I keep getting disconnected from my Blackboard Collaborate session?
- How do I access recordings of previous Blackboard Collaborate sessions?