MMUG - Meeting Archive
November 10th, 2005
"Croquet: 3D Immersive Technology for Collaborative Online Learning."
Hosted by David Smith, a key developer of Croquet
Croquet is a combination of computer software and network architecture that supports communication and sharing among large numbers of users. The tool delivers compelling three-dimensional visualization and simulations to enable multi-user collaboration and learning experiences. For more information on Open Croquet, see: (http://www.opencroquet.org/ ).
October 13th, 2005
"Diary of a Distance Ed Course, Addressing Learning Needs with Multimedia."
Dr. H. David Shew, Professor of Plant Pathology and production team members from LTS (Learning Technology Service) will showcase and discuss the creation of the DE course: PP315 – Plant Pathology. The session will demonstrate the production processes of various multimedia components and how these components address various learning needs. Topics include XML / Flash applications, video production, Flash animation and video, marketing considerations and project management.
Mike Cuales, Senior Multimedia Specialist / Asst. Prof. College of Design
Amanda Robertson, Multimedia Specialist / Asst. Prof. College of Design
Ray Brown, Multimedia Specialist / Consultant
Brian Lee, Art + Design Student
November 10, 2005
The first meeting of the Autumn 2005 session of the Multimedia Users Group for Teaching and Learning slated for Thursday, September 8th, 2005, 3:30 - 5 PM in the ITTC Labs 1a & 1b, 2nd Floor East Wing of the D.H. Hill Library has been rescheduled due to unexpected facility issues. This session will now be on Thursday, Novemeber 10th, 2005. The featured topic will again be: "Croquet: 3D Immersive Technology for Collaborative Online Learning". David Smith, a key developer of Croquet, will facilitate this session.
- January 20, 2005: "UNCWilmington's Mobile Learning Environment" (PPT)
- February 10, 2005: "Computer Games & Online Instruction"
- March 10, 2005: "Accordent's Presenter and Classroom Capture Tools"
- April 14, 2005: "Researching the Multimedia Experience: Using Eye-Tracking and Other Techniques to Guide Design"
- May 12, 2005:"Podcasting: Portable Media for All"
- September 9, 2004: "An In-depth Look at Macromedia Breeze"
- October 7, 2004: "Facetop – A Transparent Video Interface"
- November 11, 2004: "Apreso Lecture Capture Software"
- December 9, 2004: "FlySpace: Student Focused, Low Cost Collaborative Workspaces"
- January 15, 2004: "The Gertrude Cox Award & Celebration"
- February 12, 2004: "Open Seminar"
- March 11, 2004: "Mediasite Live"
- April 8, 2004: "authorGEN for PowerPoint and authorGEN Studio"
- May 13, 2004: "Picturephone to AIM: Desktop Videoconferencing comes of age"
- September 11th, 2003: "3D4M - 3D FrouM for Collaborative Multi-User Learning from 3Dsolve Inc."
- October 9th, 2003: "Helping Students Visualize Concepts: (Chemistry 101 & Chemistry 201)"
- November 4th, 2003: "Creating Personalities for Online Content: Using CharacterCreator"
- December 4th, 2003: "Quicktime VR for Instruction"
- January 16th, 2003:"Creating Online and Multimedia Content with Toolbook"
- February 13th, 2003: "A Lulu of an Idea!" see the Lulu Press website at: http://www.lulu.com
- March 13th, 2003: "Impatica OnCue and Impatica for Powerpoint" Visit the Impatica Website for more information
- April 10th, 2003: "Dynamic Diagrams and Motion Graphics for Distance Education"
- May 6th, 2003: "Designing and Delivering Multimedia Content to Mobile Devices"
- September 12th, 2002: "Using the Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language (SMIL) to develop a prototype course in the College of Engineering"
- October 10th, 2002: "Syncrhonous Learning Management Systems". A real time (hands-on)demonstration of LearnLinc from Mentergy, Ltd. was provided to all attendees.
- November 14th, 2002: "QuickTime 6 and MPEG-4".
- December 12th, 2002: "RealNetworks' new Helix Server and what it means to us at NCSU"
- February 14th, 2002: "FrameSyncStudio - an Authoring Environment for Rich Media on the Web"
- March 14th, 2002: "Convergence all around us: New Media Devices"
- April 17th, 2002: "Interactive QuickTime Applications for Online Instruction".
- September 12th, 2001: "Should you have your lectures in the most popular audio file format available to your students??.
- October 11th, 2001: "A Working Classroom Model for RealAudio" and "Easy to Use Movie Creation Software: ViewletBuilder by Qarbon".
- November 8th, 2001: "Real Experiences Creating Streaming Video Tutorials: (Using RealMedia Producer, Camtasia, MediaCleaner and RealPresenter)"
- December 13th, 2001: "The Belshazzar Project: A Simple Solution for Voice-annotated Handwriting on the Web"