The most common cause of an import error is that you already have PowerPoint open. Try closing it and trying to re-import your presentation. If that doesn’t work, you can export your PowerPoint slides as images and then upload them to your Blackboard Collaborate session. Here’s how to do that:
- In PowerPoint, export the slides as images. In the File menu it will say either “Save as Pictures” or under the “Save as” option you can choose a graphic format like .png. .jpg, or. gif. Any image format will work.
- In your Blackboard Collaborate session, click the “Load Content” icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- The “Load Content” dialog box will appear. Navigate to the folder where you saved your images.
- Select all of your images by clicking the first image, holding down Shift on your keyboard, and clicking the last image. Click “Open.”
- A new dialog will appear. Click “Import images as Individual Pages.”
Your images will be loaded like slides to the whiteboard. You can navigate between them using the Page Explorer window.
Need additional help on this topic? Visit our Get Help page for more faculty support resources.