Instructional Technology Support and Development
The Instructional Technology Support and Development Services staff envisions a campus community where faculty members are enthusiastically focused on improving student learning through active engagement with innovative technologies. Our staff is committed to creating, supporting and maintaining quality teaching and learning with technology (TLT) environments, providing excellent support services, professional development programs, production services, and instructional resources to the university community. Our primary focus is providing systems and services for NC State’s face-to-face and distance education for-credit courses.
We offer a variety of services in support of TLT activities at NC State. These services include:
- Development & Production Services
- Multimedia, graphic design, web applications and other technologies related to the development of innovative learning environments.
- Instructional Design Services
- Project planning, needs analysis, course design and consultations.
- Instructional Resources
- Materials and information that support teaching and learning with technology efforts.
- Learning Technology Help Desk
- For your questions related to using NC State learning technologies.
- Learning Technology Infrastructure
- Management of NC State learning technologies (including WolfWare, Moodle, Blackboard Collaborate and Mediasite), and development of web applications (LMS-related, internal- and external-focused DELTA business applications, and other course-related tools).
- Learning Management Systems Governance
- Collaboration with the NC State community to provide reliable enterprise academic technologies in support of teaching and learning.
In addition, we offer a number of programs to support faculty members in their teaching with technology efforts. These services include:
- Workshops & Seminars
- Attend regularly scheduled workshops and seminars created with our partners at the NCSU Libraries, the Office of Faculty Development, and the Information Technology Division.
- Summer Institute
- Get immersed in TLT issues and best practices the week after spring graduation. This program is for instructional faculty.
- Custom Training
- Request personalized training for learning technology topics. This service is for instructional faculty and departments.
- Instructional House Calls
- Get on-location, one-on-one instructional technology assistance.
We also have a number of services to support our Web technologies and infrastructures. These services include:
- Applications Development
- Web applications development (LMS-related, internal- and external-focused DELTA business applications, and other course-related tools), data management and integration, website management and coding, and development of DELTA reporting tools.
- Applications Support
- Management of NC State learning technologies (including WolfWare, Moodle, Blackboard Collaborate and Mediasite) and their underlying systems.